- Meadowlands Exposition Convention Center
- Address: 355 Plaza Drive, Secaucus, NJ 07094 (see map)
- Registration will open on June 8, 2020 at 9:00am (EST).
- Click on the ‘Register’ tab on the home page of our website (www.worlddancechamphionship.com) for step-by-step registration instructions.
- Entries will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis. Spots are limited in each division. Once a division is full, no more entries will be accepted for that division. Routines that qualify at a Regional Competition must register NO LATER than July 1, 2019.
- If space allows, routines that qualify at a National Championship must register immediately.
- Entry Fees must be paid by credit card or by electronic check through our registration system.
- Payment must be made in FULL in order for registration to be processed. No cash refunds will be given.
- Routines MUST compete in the same performance level & age division in which it qualified.
- Any routine that receives a Golden Ticket for the same routine that qualified in (2) different levels must compete the routine at the highest level in which it qualified. (Ex. Qualified in Intermediate and Advanced…must compete Advanced)
- A qualifying routine may NOT be replaced by another routine (that did not qualify) from the same studio.
- In the event that a dancer is unable to participate, the routine may still compete as long as the average age does not change. A dancer substitution may be made with another dancer that is on the studio’s original roster as long as the average age and performance level does not change.
- Studios must be prepared to provide proof of age for all performers in the event that an age protest is made (birth certificate or driver’s license is acceptable).
- Studios are limited to the following number of routines:
- ADVANCED LEVEL
- (2) routines in each general division/age division/performance level.
- Example: Advanced Junior division – (2) Small Groups, (2) Large Groups, (2) Lines.
- Grand Lines may also have (2) routines per studio in each age division.
- INTERMEDIATE LEVEL
- (2) routines in each general division/age division/performance level
- Example: Intermediate Junior division – (2) Small Group, (2) Large Group, (2) Lines.
- NOVICE LEVEL
- (1) routines in each general division/age division/performance level
- Example: Novice Junior division – (1) Small Group, (1) Large Group, (1) Line
- Note: If you have more than one routine that qualifies for the same division, the studio will choose which routine to compete.
- Routines will compete in the following divisions:
- Advanced Petite (8 & Under) – (small groups, large groups, lines)
- Advanced Junior (9-11) – (small groups, large groups, lines)
- Advanced Teen (12-14) – (small groups, large groups, lines)
- Advanced Senior (15-19) – (small groups, large groups, lines)
- Grand Lines (11 & Under)
- Grand Lines (12 & Over)
- Intermediate Petite (8 & Under– (small groups, large groups, lines)
- Intermediate Junior (9-11– (small groups, large groups, lines)
- Intermediate Teen (12-14) – (small groups, large groups, lines)
- Intermediate Senior (15-19) – (small groups, large groups, lines)
- Novice Petite (8 & Under) – (small groups, large groups, lines)
- Novice Junior (9-11) – (small groups, large groups, lines)
- Novice Teen (12-14– (small groups, large groups, lines)
- Novice Senior (15-19) – (small groups, large groups, lines)
Contestants should upload their music to the registration site. In addition, each studio will be required to provide a back-up of their music. All music must be recorded at the proper speed.
- There is absolutely NO PHOTOGRAPHY or VIDEO RECORDING permitted. Failure to abide by this rule can result in Disqualification for the studio.
- Props must be set up and removed from the stage in a reasonable time frame and must be labeled with the studio name for identification purposes backstage.
- Props are only permitted to be inside the venue on the day of competition and must be removed after the awards ceremony.
The World Dance Championship will be held in conjunction with the World Dance Pageant. Each day will begin with the Semi-Finals round (all routines compete in the Semi-Finals). The top scoring routines from the semi-finals will go on to compete later that same day in the Finals.
- A general schedule is posted on the ‘Schedule’ page of this website. There will be no changes to this schedule.
- All entries must compete on the day and time assigned. No exceptions
- A Preliminary schedule will be emailed to all Studios no later than July 10th with approximate performance times.
- A Finalized Schedule will be emailed to studios by July 25th.
IMPORTANT: No schedule requests will be accepted, and there is NO guarantee of a start or finish time for each day. Studios should be prepared to be available to compete at any time throughout the day.
QUESTIONS? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 937-376-9415